This salad is a combination of greens with a “spicy dressing” of yogurt. The fun part of this salad is that you can add in almost any vegetable(even pasta) and get good flavors.Here I have made it with some humble veggies which happen to be present in my fridge any given day! As for the greens, you can use sweet greens like butter lettuce which will balance the spicy flavor of the salad.
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of full fat yogurt /sour cream
- 1/4 cup of chopped coriander
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 green chillies, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper ( or use hot sauce)
- Salt to taste
- 7-8 Baby carrots (halved)
- 1 large, ripe tomato (cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
- 5-6 fresh green beans (halved)
- 1 cup of thinly sliced fresh cabbage (use the outer green part)
- 1/2 cup green peas (fresh or thawed)
- 1 boiled potato (cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Assemble all the vegetables into a bowl, add lemon juice and olive oil and toss well for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Mix and taste, adjust seasoning to taste.
- Toss the vegetables in the dressing bowl and toss toss toss!
- You can add broccoli, radishes, cucumbers, and even boiled eggs to this salad. You can also add cooked pasta to make it a pasta salad!
Tagged: boiled potatoes, breakfast, cabbage, Cooking, green beans, healthy recipe, healthy salad, healthy snack, hunger pangs, indian food, Photography, salad, spicy salad, tomatoes, vegetarian, veggie, yogurt dressing