Oh my God… veg puffs is my favorite snack and I am super excited about bringing this recipe in my blog!! Although this is a favorite snack back home, this is rarely made my moms at home. We get veg puffs in the famous Iyengar bakeries, the smell of fresh hot vegg puffs near the bakery is absolutely tempting. I can still remember the endless times we’ve had these after college. The first thought that came to my mind when I knew we had an oven in my kitchen was to make puffs!!!🙂 So here we go…
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed, this will make about 9 puffs)
- 2 potatoes (boiled)
- ½ cup fresh/frozen peas
- 1 big onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tspn Garam masala/Pav bhaji masala
- ½ tspn Cumin powder
- ½ tspn Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tspn Oil
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and saute the onion medium-high heat until they turn golden, for about 3-4 mins. Now add the cumin powder, chili powder, garam masala and salt to taste.Mix well and then add the peas and boiled potatoes, after crushing them randomly by hand.
- Mix the potatoes and saute for 2 mins, then remove from the heat and add lemon juice and let the mixture cool.
- Meanwhile spread the thawed puff pastry sheet, and lightly roll to thin it out a little.If the sheets are sticky to handle, then use all purpose flour to roll them evenly. Cut into equal sized rectangles. Place a spoon of the filling on one half of the cut rectangle, and fold the other half diagonally over the filling. Press sides to seal the pastry.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Keep a close watch after 20 minutes and remove when the puffs turn into golden color.