An Omelette is an easy and healthy way to serve my morning hunger pangs. I’ve grown up in a family where my mum prepares savory and spicy breakfasts every morning, and hence a bland breakfast satisfies my stomach but not my tongue! So I’ve ended up with adding a spicy zing to my simple omelette… and yes it actually takes just 10 mins… 🙂
- Eggs – 2 large
- Tomato- 1 small
- Onion- 1 small
- Green chilies – 2
- Galic – 1 clove
- Salt- 1/2 tspn
- Red chilli powder/ Cayenne pepper – 1/4 tspn
- Milk – 2 tspn
- Olive oil/ butter- 1 tspn
- Chop the chilies very finely and cut the garlic clove into thin slices.
- Chop the tomato and onion into round thin slices and set aside.
- Beat the eggs gradually in a bowl (if u do not have an egg beater,use a fork), add salt, chopped chili and milk and beat lightly for a fluffy omelette. Beating the eggs excessively results in a hard omelette.
- When the oil/butter on the pan is heated, layer the garlic, tomato and onion slices on the pan.
- While the tomato and onion slices saute, sprinkle red pepper powder on them.
- After 2 mins when the tomatoes and onions are browned, pour the eggs on the veggies and cook for another 2 mins.
- And your omelette is ready to serve.