If I have to select my favorite meal throughout the day, it would be breakfast. Not long ago, breakfast was my most ignored meal of the day. Those were the days when I used to rush to office, and without much knowledge of cooking I always ended up with coffee and more coffee for breakfast!! Now I love this time of the day, its undoubtedly a great start for the day with some hot healthy meal on your table, early morning sunshine and coffee!
And not to forget, my dear hubby on the other side of the table 🙂 We’ve got this deal that until our breakfast is finished, he’s got to ‘Listen‘ to me, he’s not to watch the television on the breakfast table and we gotta ‘talk‘ !! Hahaha, I know you must be wondering if this really happens !! Not really, I just manage to get any one of the above things done 😉 Yes, so every morning i wake up with the thought of what I can fix up quickly for breakfast. Eggs are a really good option for breakfast, so I keep imagining different breakfast recipes with egg other than omlette. The other day I made this egg salad, if you have fresh bread in stock then you are all set for a yummy healthy breakfast in just 15 minutes 🙂
Fresh veggies give this recipe a nice crunch while the indian spices added lots of flavor, great for an indian tongue which is used to having spicy breakfast. Although I liked this salad just by itself, my hubby enjoyed it more with the fresh sourdough toasted bread.
- 2 hard boiled large eggs mashed with a fork
- 2 tspn sour cream
- 1 heaping tspn of mayonnaise ( you can use low fat mayonnaise)
- 2 tspn finely chopped baby carrots
- 2 tspn of finely diced onion
- 1 tspn finely chopped tomato
- 1 tspn chili-garlic sauce
- 1/4 tspn of garam masala or pav bhaji masala
- 1 tspn of finely chopped coriander
- Salt to taste.
- The secret to get perfect clean peeled eggs is to boil the eggs perfectly.
- After trying a lots of tips for peeling hard boiled eggs, I’ve managed to get a clean way. Boil the eggs in water just for 2 minutes after the water starts boiling, then remove from heat.
- Let the eggs be in the water and cover the container and set aside for good 10 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, put the eggs in cold water for about 1 minute. Then try peeling eggs, the peels come off very easily.
- After the eggs are peeled, roughly mash the eggs with a fork.
- Mix all the ingredients together. You can use cayenne pepper or red chili powder if you do not have the chili-garlic sauce.
- Serve the salad with lightly toasted sour dough bread and enjoy.
Tagged: Boiled egg, breakfast, Butter, Chili powder, Cooking, Egg salad, Garam masala, healthy recipe, healthy salad, healthy snack, Home, hunger pangs, indian food, Photography, quick and easy, salad, spicy salad, veggie salad