Potatoes are one of the staple foods back home, as they are easily available all year round in India. And there are innumerable variety of dishes that can be made with these, boil them, fry them, grill them! The recipe below is the simplest one to relish the potatoes. I’ve used olive oil here instead of the regular vegetable oil, please go ahead and prepare this and relish the taste and aroma of the dish…
- 2 big potatoes (I prefer yellow potatoes but you can use any)
- 1 tsp salt or according taste
- 4-5 green chilies (slit lengthwise)
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- 2-3 tspn dessicated coconut (powdered)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 tspn powdered sugar
- pinch of asafoetida (optional)
- 10 curry leaves, chopped (optional)
- handful fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tspn lemon juice
- handful of peanuts
- Boil the potatoes with a pinch of salt, until cooked and tender. You can also cook them in a microwave for approx 12 minutes. Chop into even, cubes on a board.
- Sprinkle salt to taste, sugar and the lemon juice to the cubed potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a non stick wide pan or wok. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and peanuts. When they begin to sizzle, add the green chilies and the coconut powder. Stir well and add the potatoes.
- Mix the potatoes and add the coriander.
- You’re done! Serve it with hot chapatis, or bread or even better eat it just by itself… and enjoy.
Tagged: Asafoetida, breakfast, Chili pepper, Cooking, Cumin, Curry Tree, food, healthy recipe, healthy salad, healthy snack, hunger pangs, India, indian food, Lemon juice, Olive oil, popular chaat, Potato, quick and easy, vegan, vegetarian, vrat recipe